Friday, August 21, 2009

First Week of School!

Though the school years!

September 2004
Three year old preschool

September 2005
Four year old pre-school
August 2006
Kindergarden
Coleton-August 2007
First Grade
Coleton- August 2008
Second Grade
Coleton-August 2009
Third Grade

Well, this week we started back to school! Coleton went back on Tuesday for his first half day. He was really excited to go back and has been talking about it FOREVER but as we were waiting for the bus he told me "mom I am kinda getting butterflies, I think I am gonna miss you..." oh how sweet is that! Much better than two years ago when he was in tears getting on the bus begging me not to send him! That was terrible! So, we made it though with no tears this year. The bus driver who might I add is always on time always looks so happy when I sit there with my camera trying to get a picture. I have learned that I have to be quick, like so quick you would never ever know I took it quick! Coleton always thinks it's a bit much as well but what do you do! So, he is in third grade this year, where did the time go! Third grade is suppose to be the rough year at Congerville so we shall see what happens. I am sure he will do fine! The only big mess up so far was today when he came walking into the living room at 2:15 (an hour early) hmmm....did someone forget to send out that note that they got out early for Eureka's 150 year celebration or did I miss it? Since I always check all read notes all the way though it couldn't of been me:) Oh well at least we were home:)

Kin doesn't start pre-school until the 8th of September so we have a few weeks yet. She is also so excited to go back and can't quite understand why Coleton gets to go back before her! She is going to have Mrs. Fergerson this year who was out most of last year with some health issues. We are hoping and praying that this year will be better for her and that she will be able to teach all year long! Kin is super excited that she is going to be a BIG kid this year, in the fours class:) It has been fun hanging out with just her this week. She is such a sweet little girl who is full of energy and personality! You just never know what a day will be like when she is around! She spends the days telling me how much she loves me and saying "just the girls" its so sweet!


And for the first time in four years Justin is not starting school with the kids:) He is working in the ER at OSF on day shift which is really taking some getting use to. I am use to getting phone calls from him thoughout the day checking in and such but there is not more of that...to busy! And I am use to going to bed by myself and now that isn't happening which I am glad but as soon as I get use to having him around at night his shift will change to nights which will be in a few weeks! He really likes it down there. It is just something that is going to take a lot of getting use to and feeling comfortable with what he's doing! It's not like you do the same thing every day or even every hour like on the floors. He see's something new and different every day, every hour! I know that it wouldn't be a good place for me! I would always be wondering what happened to the patient when they left the er! Too personal I guess for me...but for him it is great! We are so enjoying this new phase of live and all that goes with it...day shift, night shift and every mood in between:) Just kidding!

Well, here are some pictures from the first day of school! I thought it would be fun to see all of Coleton's first day photos so here they are! I can figure out how to type first and pictures second so you have already seen them when you are reading this! Enjoy:)




















No comments:

Post a Comment