Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Grandma Roth

Do you ever stop to think just how fast things can change! Less than a week ago Grandma was out and about eating pizza and ice cream at the Merk and Friday was in bed and didn't get up since. She has been fighting cancer since November, I believe and she gave up doing chemo a few weeks back. She moved into the home in Eureka for what was suppose to be a short stay after a while we all knew that she was not going to be able to go back to her house her in town! I had many sad walks past her house knowing that she was not going to be there anymore.

She finally won the battle this afternoon and now is in Heaven! I can't help but smile when I think of her reunion with Grandpa! Their smiles were huge I am sure but beyond that getting to see Jesus face to face. What a sight. We can only imagine what she is seeing now! She was ready to go! She was ready to see what heaven was like and we are all so happy for her but it still does not take away the pain and losing her!

Death is such a weird thing. In the last six months we have lost three people that were really close to us. My mom, Grandma Schick and now Grandma Roth. I can believe that my kids went from have four grandma's to now only having one! My heart just breaks for them. Each grandma meant so much to their little hearts. And now another one is gone. I know that they will be rejoicing because grandma is now is heaven reading newspapers on the davenport with grandpa. And, they were happy because mom was no longer sick. Their hearts are just so pure and sweet. They can see the truth in the situation and not be sad.

Our family is defiantly going to be different. No more Thursday night ice cream at the merk, or stopping by to see if grandma is home for a visit. We are going to miss her so much!

Justin and Grandma at his pinning in May! She was so proud of him
Grandma and Coleton at his birthday in July
Grandma and the kids at Justin's pinning
What a proud grandma she was
This is my favorite picture of Kin and Grandma

Anyhow, this was just my rambling! I have been feeling so sad knowing this was coming, having Grandma Schick pass away and mom! Oh, how I miss her! Lately it has hit me that she is not coming back, she really is gone! Anyhow, please pray for our family! It's going to be tough!

We love you Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment