Saturday, September 12, 2009

McKinley's First Day of School

All ready to go:)
Justin and McKinley on Friday, he missed the first day because he was at work
Inside before school
So grown up...I teared up a little

So sweet
Before we left
Outside at the sign
Getting our picture taken before meeting her teacher
McKinley with her teacher
Playing at the park after school

So, this Wed. was Kin's first day back at Eureka Community Preschool! She was so excited to get back and see her friends even though her bestest friend Anna was not in her class. We were happy to see some old faces when we got there and even Bri her other bestest friend was there! I knew that she would be but didn't tell Kin just in case something would happen and they weren't in the same class!

So, Kin put on her greatest show for everyone! We had some good laughs at her. She was so willing to do anything and for that I am so thankful! I have never had to peel her off on of my leg to get her to go with someone or had her cry when I have left her! She is such a colorful happy and easy going kid! We love her so much!

Anyhow, we got to stay in the classroom for a little while and listen to her teacher read them a story and hear everyone tell their names and while the story was being read she saw her favorite police officer Officer Lucky (yes, that's his real name) Just a little background on her past with him. He came to the school last year and she was really taken by him! She told him all about our guns (which we don't have, only nerf guns) me getting pulled over (which never happened, that she would remember) and lots of other stuff. Anyhow, she is just taken by him she LOVES him every officer she see's is officer Lucky, every car is officer Lucky etc! Anyhow his daughter is in Kin's class...oh the joy she had when he walked in, all dressed in his police outfit! As soon as I saw him I knew we were in trouble! She yelled out "oh Officer Lucky, I remember you, you let me wear you hat, oh I missed you....blah blah blah! And then since everyone was laughing she had to do her dolphin laugh which only gets more laughter!

Oh, my word my hards are going to be full with her:) When we were walking out I had another mom tell me that she hoped some of McKinley rubs off on her daughter because she is so shy! I hope she is still saying that by the end of the year!

After a while the parents went to fill out papers and Coleton's old preschool teacher was there to stay in the room with the kids! When I got back she said "ohhh my how different they are" isn't that the truth!

So, it was a great day overall! She has made friends with everyone already! I'll keep ya posted I am sure it will be an interesting year:)

No comments:

Post a Comment