Saturday, September 12, 2009

RIP Leafy

McKinley's message to Leafy
I can't really read the name on the stone
An overview

Ok, so Grandma Ann and McKinley caught a walking stick and McKinley decided that it needed to come home...(a few weeks back the same thing happened and it died) So, I wasn't really all that thrilled to bring home another one but she wanted to so I let her. Anyhow today the thing died again or so we thought. McKinley decided that it needed a new home since it was dead. So, she decided to dig a grave. Jenna from across the street was over as well. I was mowing. Anyhow I saw shovels, and hammers and such going to the back and wondered what was happening. I looked over and saw them all working hard on this grave. After about a good half hour I was called back to look at leafy new home. McKinley was so excited about it. I went back there and this was what I saw a grave complete with head stones...eat your heart out Abel vault monument:) I asked them it they said a prayer before putting poor leafy in the ground and they said
"well he wasn't really dead"

"what...."I said

"he was missing his two legs and he is a walking stick so we killed him"

at this point I wasn't quite sure what to say to them! They went though all this hard work making a grave for a poor animal who wasn't really dead just disabled so I just said nothing!

"It's a great grave"

Wonderful, now we have a grave yard for walking stick just below our bedroom window! Next time Grandma is getting to keep the walking stick:)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my word ~ classic Kinley :) I LOVE IT! You're doing great at the blog, you inspire me :) Love and miss you guys! xo

    ReplyDelete