Saturday, September 5, 2009

Finally done!
Anna

Before they startedMcKinley working with dots:) Again, yes you just saw this one Anna getting started






McKinley getting Started



Ok, so I am not getting any smarted about uploading pictures on here! Please forgive the crazy order!



So two weeks ago McKinley wanted to have her best friend Anna come over for a play date. The went to pre-school together and if you have ever talked to McKinley you know just who I am talking about because she is always telling everyone about her bestest friend.... So we had her over and decided that we should go to the Discovery Museum but on the way over I remembered that the area was all under construction so I had the great idea to take the girls to go paint pottery! It was a blast...I didn't really know if they would enjoy it but as soon as I suggested it they were all for it! We got there a bit early so we had to drive around for a while and wait for it to open. Finally it opened and the girls were so excited! We had a long talk about being good, no running, screaming etc...that we had to be ladies. They nodded over and over and finally asked it we could please go in. For a second I thought what in the world ever made me think to take them to do this and then that thought faded and we went in!

The first thing you need to do is pick out your pottery. They decided on the very first plate that they saw and I encouraged them to keep looking. After a while they decided on a princess bank and an elephant bank!

Then we needed paint. This was fun. There were tons of choices and they just couldn't decide. So we started with gray and purple. Anna was really careful when she was painting and picked the littlest paint brush and painted very gently making sure that every spot was covered! McKinley picked the biggest paint brush and painted the elephant many different colors. Kin was so cute when she asked the lady
"what if I get paint on the table?"
"no big deal we'll just wipe it off"
"really"
"really"
Then Kin and Anna just looked at each other with big eyes and they both said
"really, fun"

Then when they both thought they were done the lady asked them it they wanted to make poke-a-dots...and of course they did!

It was so cute watching them and listening to there conversations. There was a lots of "mine is going to look great" "oh this is so pretty" etc....and then some "i love you, I'm gonna miss you" "your my best friend" so cute. They have grown up so much since the last time Anna came over.
It was so much fun! Then from there we went to McDonald's where the girls decided to sit up on the tall bar stools. They both got happy meals and proudly sat up on the stools with there feet dangling and eat away. There was more "i love you talk" and so on. They were the only kids there so there we many older people listening in on the talking. Then when they were done I got up to clean the tray and the old lady that was sitting behind me said "thanks so much for letting me in on the conversation, I really made my day!" how sweet is that! Sometimes you forget about how sweet it is to hear a child's voice when you hear it every day!

Then we came back to our house and played for a little bit and then brought her home! It was such a fun day with "just the girls" as Kin would say! I would recommend doing this with your kids! It's just fun:)








No comments:

Post a Comment